View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Thursday 6 August 2009

Closing notes

An unusual number of posts on Atlantic Lines today. First of all, many thanks to all who sent me happy birthday wishes through Facebook, Twitter (when it was working), email and on here. I realise I'm duplicating, but better too many than none at all. No, I didn't do anything special: it was a very windy day out here, although quite sunny as well. Did a lot of work on my Roll of Honour site.

Twitter is virtually back to normal, after what appears to have been a bout of cyber warfare between Georgia and Russia, according to some reports. Facebook, Youtube and LiveJournal (a favourite blogging platform in Russia) were also affected. Wish they'd just smash each other's heads in rather than involve everybody else.

6 comments:

  1. Well, happy birthday, G!!!

    be well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Guido,

    Happy Happy Happy Birthday !!!!!!! I wanted to come by and wish you all the best on your birthday and many many many many more to come. I am glad you are here. I hope you will continue to stick around. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a nice birthday and many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear you had a good 21st birthday. (cough, cough!) I heard on the news tonight that the whole Twitter/Facebook thing was caused by a hacker...that's about all they said. Keeping my fingers crossed for the predicted rain this weekend. Linda in WA

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday guido.all my best wishes to you.take care,mort

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fancy me forgetting this was your birthday date. never mind better late than never...have a really wonderful year ahead dear Guido with days full of sunshine...(at least in your minds eye if not in the natural !!)
    Much Love Sybil xx

    ReplyDelete