View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Saturday 11 October 2008

Abandoned

The majority of formerly J-land has now migrated to Blogger, and judging by the 800+ entries on Google Reader, is busy clattering away at their keyboards. Please spare a thought for the unhappy few who are unable to go through this humungous change.

Cathy, chatzeekay, left an entry on October 6th on her AOL journal Life and Lessons, saying she would not be able to make a new journal at Blogger, or wherever. She has suffered two severe brain traumas, the results of which have left her quite incapacitated. The entries, not spell-checked, speak for themselves.

Please call round, and ask if you can be put on an emailing list for her to continue beyond November 1st. Let it not be said that J-land (on Blogger or AOL) does not care for its less fortunate members.

Copied to Call for Support

5 comments:

  1. I do feel bad for those who are not able to make the move. I hope someone who has been dormant doesn't go on AOL after 11/1 to find everything gone, that would be terrible for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are honestly quite a few who have not and will not move to blogger that i know. DAMN AOL for doing this to this community!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a few friends spread all over different blogging formats...it gets interesting trying to keep track of them all. I stopped by to let Cathy know she can feel free to email me anytime. I know she hasn't had an easy time of things lately. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had left Cathy an email asking if I could help her migrate to Blogger. I wish she would let someone give her a hand. I hate to think of that journal being lost. I will gladly add my name to an email list in her behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guido you are and always have been one of the most caring people online. What a blessing you have always been to J-Land. Thanks for trying to preserve some precious journals that would otherwise be lost.

    ReplyDelete