View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Saturday 11 October 2008

Saturday 11 October

Things continue in the not-so-good category. Found myself taking an elderly friend to A&E late last night, after she tripped. The result was a broken wrist, which required a plaster-cast. Hope this will heal in short order, as anyone would be inconvenienced by this, not to mention the pain.

As I write, my old blog Northern Trip is being transferred to Blogger, where it will reside as an archive. The AOL version will remain until Journals shut down on 31 October. Atlantic Lines is my primary blog now. When my Internet access is restored to normal, I will publicise the URLs of all the transferred blogs here. In the future, I may shift to another blogging platform again, as I'm not overly impressed with Blogger.

Unless the PC gets fixed in the meantime, I cannot access internet again until Tuesday.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not entirely impressed with Blogger either, Guido, but then again all blog forums have quirks so I guess it's picking the lesser of the evils. Hope you get up and running soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are always in my thoughts, Guido. I saved that new email you sent me, thanks! I am truly sorry to hear about your friend....i pray her wrist DOES heal fast and that you get your PC on the road to recover super fast too. XO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope your friend heals quickly. Bones don't heal so good as you get older do they.?
    Keeping them in my thoughts and prayers.
    Take care
    Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying your friend heals quickly & without too much discomfort. {{}}
    hope you get your pc fixed soon. that can be a pain.
    blogger has lots of bells & whistles, some i enjoy. but, there are sooo many things i don't like. not sure if it's just glitches that will be straightened out soon...or if this is the way it will be. grrr so frustrasting!
    have a good wkend.
    huggies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How frustrating to have no net access. I always have a spare computer and a phone with full internet access guess i am a geek!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Know how you feel guido ,and also know how the lady feels too I once broke my wrist (at work but was compensated £7000) extremely painful ,to say nothing of the inconveience ,tell her not to leave going to the loo till the last minute ..love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete