View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Saturday 11 October 2008

On Blogger

I have gone through all the emails I received this month, copying people's new URLs to Google Reader. Next stage is going through the posts on the old AOL journals, to eek out any new
URLs from there.

Transfer of Northern Trip has not gone smoothly (keep having problems), as the server conked out halfway down the final stage of publishing all the posts. 4768 of them. Will try again tomorrow.

I have worked with Blogger for some time, and find it bare bones and minimalistic. Probably too negative an impression, but will review in time.

5 comments:

  1. Mine won't go either... and only about half of what you have. Both AOL and Blogger have been trying for 3 days... no luck. I think it's a size issue and that we will all run out of space here in no time. As for the 800 entries lots of folks have pasted over here. Do tell me how you saved the journals if it is in fact different then Jeannette's... I'd like to give it a shot just in case. It's the comments I want more then anything :) The graphics I have thanks hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am afraid I dislike Blogger. I find it sterile and cold. My blog did transer over and incorporate into my new one but............minus comments. In my four year old plus archives I have not one comment. Some were very special to me because of what I went through last year, others were from friends no longer with us.

    Will I grow to like blogger, probably not. It is not the change I am against although aol handled it disgracefully making the decision in July but not telling us until a couple of weeks ago. Not it is not the change, everything changes, nothing stays the same forever. I just dislike blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Guido!
    :):)
    it is sooo nice to be able to post here at last!
    How in the world at you?
    Big Congratulations with your new blog!
    please come by and visit my new blog address and leave a comment and a link!
    http://lurkynatsworld.blogspot.com.
    what is your new email?
    you can reach me at aol or gmail
    nat

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear Guido
    please help me move my AOL blog over if you can!
    hugs,nat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get NT transferred in its entirety. It is certainly different here at Blogger, and minimalistic is a good description. I'm getting used to it though, and there are few things I find that I really like about it.

    ReplyDelete