View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Sunday 12 October 2008

Sunday evening

The wind howls and the rain clatters. Your average Hebridean evening. Who said London was at 23C today? We did not exceed 12C all day.

I have not gotten round to visiting everybody's new journal yet. I am still chasing up everybody's new links. It would appear that I have almost everybody's that I used to read on AOL. As I speak, I am downloading the blogs of the deceased that have not yet been catered for by friends or relatives. These include:

Lahoma's Lament
No Sundays
My Reason for Reasoning
Pennie's Pieces of Ohio
The Diatom Project
Dribble by Chuck Ferris

I am asking around for ways of uploading these journals back to the Net. For the moment, they're safe with me.

9 comments:

  1. Guido, you are truly amazing...the care you take of others journals. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How kind of you to be concerned about these journals. I just got here to your journal to comment for the first time I believe. Well, with some glitches and difficulties many have made the migration! I am over here to get your url to put in my journal as well as to catch up on any passing hurricane! Gerry http://gerry-daughters-of-the-shadow-men.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart swells with the compassion you have shown to undertake this dear friend. Thank you from someone who appreciates all you do. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are very kind to take care of these journals. We had a beautiful day, lots of sunshine, sorry!
    take care mrs t x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guido.. you amaze me... and now I know even more why I'm so proud to call you friend :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aye i know this weather well many nights i endured the wild nights as it roared in off the atlantic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're such a wonderful person Guido...

    Pooh Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet final gift to those who are gone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't think of anyone else who's passed away, not that used to read anyway. If I can figure anything out as far as saving them I'll let you know. Donna (Mosie1944 - My country life on AOL; Just Me on Blogger) sent me a link to something called Backstreet for backing up our journals, but I'm not convinced that it will still work after they're deleted. If I still have the link I'll send it to you. You're doing great to take this on.

    ReplyDelete