View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Friday 17 April 2009

Nor'easter - Friday 17 April

It is spring and we're having the usual weather. A cold northeasterly wind and bright and clear weather. Temperature 9C / 48F at the moment, which I prefer to the muggy, thundery weather of lower latitudes in this country. I am told that for 6 weeks in May and June 2008 there was NO rain at all in Lewis.

I am disappointed to note that Barack Obama will not prosecute those implicated in the use of torture as an interrogation 'technique'. Wonder what lies behind that, I do not.

Women with excessive hairgrowth (hirsutism) are advised to check with their doctors as it may be due to a hormonal imbalance with various underlying causes. Read the article for more info.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there...a wonderful 77 degrees showing on my weather bug screen! Here in Nashville TN.
    Hope you day is going well.
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mail carrier has a beard thicker than Dougs, poor woman. Perhaps I should mention a hormone imbalance but how does one bring that up.

    ReplyDelete