View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Friday 17 April 2009

Visit to Barvas

Went to Barvas this afternoon, once again to visit a graveyard. Collected 29 images of wargraves, or war casualties remembered on family gravestones. It was breezy, but the sun helped to keep it agreeable. The cemetery at Barvas is draped over sanddunes, and offers nice views southwest along the coast.


Loch Mor Barabhais with Brue on the skyline


Stream in the machair


Along the shoreline


Former church in Upper Barvas, now a home (for sale, again)


Road north out of Barvas

More pictures here - still being uploaded at time of posting

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, Barvas. I looked through your pictures of the gravestones with interest as my maternal grandparents, great uncle, and various others of my extended family are buried there, but they're not in your pictures. I spent a lot of time in Barvas over the years, staying with my grandparents. How I miss the place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, great pictures. I especially like the shoreline and the former church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love walking along your shorelines... :)

    ReplyDelete