View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Monday 13 October 2008

Monday 13 October

Quite a nice morning, compared to the blow and rain of recent days, but still the odd shower about. Our freight ferry Muirneag was late coming in, 9.20 am instead of the 'scheduled' 8 o'clock. The friend who fell on Friday had a very lucky½ escape, as it appears her fall was broken by a plastic bucket full of water - as well as her wrist of course. She is up at the hospital this morning to show the damage to the orthopaedic surgeon.

I'll start reading journals again later this week, but am currently working on the dormant blogs (should not be a problem at all). If you know of a journal, whose owner is away, unaware of the transfer or whatever, PLEASE let me know. We still have just over 2 weeks to sort something out.

I am planning to build a journal to provide a cross-reference between erstwhile AOL journal and new Blogger journal, complete with AOL username. I am sort-of lost without the screenies, as there are so many people out there with similar first names.

To demonstrate the problem, I'll tell the story of a temp doctor here in Stornoway, who got a call to come and see Mrs MacLeod in the High Street [fictional streetname] at 3 in the morning. Now, there are several hundred Mrs Macleod's in the town, and even within the one street there will be a couple of them. So, the doctor had to go round all the houses in which a Mrs MacLeod was resident - which took him a long time.

4 comments:

  1. That is going to be some task Guido but it would be great to have some sort of directory on here. I have no idea where some people went. Well, you know mine is jeanno43 from Jeannette's Jottings. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guido, The weather the last few days has been lovely here but not so nice today. I wish there was some sort of directory so we could find out where everyone is. This new system is taking some getting used to. Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine the Doctor was losing his patience...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've emailed several people who haven't posted in their journals in a while, heard back from some of them, helped a couple, and am waiting on the others. I'll send you URLs of the ones I haven't heard from to see if you have talked to them. I like the idea of a cross-reference journal. I think someone else was going to do that too, but I can't remember where I read that!

    ReplyDelete