View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Monday 13 October 2008

900 posts

That's the number of entries I've got to read. Sorry folks: I'm just a wee bit behind, and it's not going to get any better, any time soon. For the moment, I'm doing the rounds, leaving behind my new URL, and it might be an idea if we all did that during this month. It is no use looking at all the blogs behind my Blogger ID, as you'll find yourself looking at no fewer than 28.

At the moment, I'm also keeping an eye on my friend with the broken wrist, who may find herself looking at a healing process spanning many months or even years. Tomorrow, the orthopods will do the job properly, rather than the emergency measures taken on Friday night. The computer is back in action, but I'm now working from my own laptop. I'm an Internet addict, that's what lol.

Oh, don't forget to pull your stuff from AOL Hometown. You'll lose that too on November 1st.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Guido...I had trouble with getting into AOL blogs and emails, so i just gave up in the end, maybe it was because i had left AOL aye? I'm still trying to find my way around Blogger myself. I had a blog on here before, but i deleted it,i've just started another one recently...I hope your keeping well in yourself.

    Astra!
    ASTRA1547@sky.com
    http://astra1547.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I had to move my journal I am working on moving AOL email addresses. No point in having anything AOL now really. Besides with gmail you do have more storage.

    I downloaded firefox. So far so good...

    Glad you are finding ways to keep some of the journals from people that have passed. There is one guy from back in the beginning but I can't remember his name. He had 2 journals, one was like the national enquirer where he poked fun at some of the other journalers. Seems like he was a newspaper writer in real life. Vivian might know.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think with 900 I would give up the ghost and do a mass delete and start fresh. Everyone is posting crazy these days, more so than blogger. Trying to keep up with the numerous followings which seems to be far more than I realized in AOL is a catchy thing these days. I will try to remember to leave my blog addy just in case hon. (Hugs)Indigo
    http://deafscreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. meant to say more so With Blogger...I'm in a duh head space today. Indy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Guido, AOL is a total disaster anymore. Everything is slow as a turtle. I've been pulling things out daily from my hometown. I used that quite a bit when I first started. LOL at 900 posts. Good luck with that...yikes. Hope your friend mends quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Guido you make me feel good seeing that I am behind but nowhere close to you. I'm teasing you of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Making the rounds here as well. I'm starting to feel a bit more comfortable here at least. Hope your friend's wrist heals more quickly than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there Guido! Is this the blog I should follow to keep up with you? I am adding you to my list!

    be well...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guido-thank you for finding me so I could find you.This is crazy-all us loyal AOl J-landers shipwrecked on the 'spot'..But I think it's going to be a nice fit once we get used to it all.
    Take car good friend.
    connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Guido,such a lot of work going on around us old j/landers.It's a nightmare at times.I have only just got back online after AOL dissconected me Friday.Grr.Take care.With a list as long as yours afraid as Indigo states I would start afresh. God Bless Kath

    ReplyDelete