View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Friday 18 January 2013

Gun control - Gov Perry (TX)

I found this statement from Texas governor Rick Perry, in response to Barack Obama's executive actions, in the aftermath of the mass shooting in Newtown CT.

I have never seen such a horrifying exercise in ostrich policy. Mr Perry, with all due respect, seems to be unaware that the excessive availability and presence of guns in American society, coupled with a poor caring system for those with mental health problems, has brought this (and other similar events) about. I don't think anything will change, in spite of (what I personally see as) the good intentions of the president. I wonder what Gov Perry would have said if his kids (presuming he has any) had been mowed down in a shooting at school.

However, looking at Gov Perry's Facebook page, he has the full support of his populace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment