View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Sunday 2 September 2012

Sunday 2 September

Overcast and breezy but mainly dry. Went for a spin out to Great Bernera, one of my fave spots in this island. Called in at little Tobson, a tiny hamlet with two equally tiny beaches, and Bosta, which has this magnificent beach. The tide was way out, allowing me to almost walk out to the tidebell. Only a deep and fast running channel of water prevented me reaching the device itself. After a look round the Iron Age House and the cemetery, the next destination were the Callanish Stones. A handful of tourists were around there. Returned to Stornoway via the Pentland Road. Just a few images to give an idea:



Callanish Stones

Bosta Cemetery

Iron Age House

Tide Bell


Bosta

Tobson

3 comments:

  1. Spectacular pictures! It looks like a fabulous place. I'm so envious of the places you have access to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous as always! Thanks for the photos, keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A day late again Guido,but some days I cannot get into some blogs,which is most frustrating.A lovely day our you must have had.Its'a beautiful place and as Lisa says.I too am envious.I remembered the sticky buds afterwards LOL!! My memory gets worse.Thankyou for sharing the pics they are beautiful.I shall return to look at the others later tonight on FB.Have a nice evening Guido.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

    ReplyDelete