View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Tuesday 22 May

Although we did not have much sun, the mercury rose to 18C / 64F, which was very nice. When we do get the sun (may take a couple of days), we should crest 20C, and that is not very common in this part of the world.

The Diamond Jubilee will be celebrated in the Western Isles in the first week of June. Beacons will be lit on 2 June at 10.15pm (sunset) at Arnish Point (right across the water from me), Eoropie Beach (Ness), the Clisham in Harris; Langass (North Uist) and Askernish (South Uist). HM Queen Elizabeth will light the final beacon in central London at 10.30pm that evening. 

In recent times, I've been writing about some of the cats my family have had over the years. As I don't have that much to write about in this post, I'll put a few images of them on here.

 (Stapper [Strider] 1988-2004)
Thomas (1973-1988)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Guido,well it's been a beautiful week here in my district so far,realy hot and I have made good use of every minute of those days.I have just recieved a leaflet through the door today,with the plan for the torch,points around my district it will pass through.The nearest point would be a twenty minute bus ride for me to see it.What lovely Cats Guido,they sit there so proud too,for the photo taking LOL!!I find this so funny in animals.Have a great evening.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

    ReplyDelete