View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Friday 21 January 2011

Friday 21 January

Quite a nice day, with good spells of sunshine. And I cannot grumble about daytime temps of +8C, 46F, in spite of the breeze that was blowing. In the afternoon, I jumped on the bus to Lochs to visit the Ravenspoint Centre at Kershader, 22 miles (by road) from Stornoway. The journey takes about 40 minutes. Once at the Ravenspoint Centre, it took me the grand total of five minutes to realise that I would not find any of the information required about 18th and 19th century residents of Cromore, 8 miles east of Kershader. So, I had a little while to go on a short walk. The bus journey back was punctuated by primary school kids who all had to pile out of the people carrier in order to let me on. I was back in Stornoway at 5pm, and it was not yet fully dark. We are now one month from the shortest day, and the days are lengthening nicely.

I've taken about 40 pics, and will post those in a separate entry shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment