View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Thursday 19 August 2010

Miffed

I am so fed up with the antics of TNT Post. Here I was, writing a letter of complaint to their offices in the UK and Holland, to advise them that it was taking a ridiculous amount of time for a letter to travel the 600 miles from Holland to Stornoway - if no priority rated stamps were affixed. Priority franked mail takes 2-3 days. Non-priority mail? Well, give it a week or 2-3. The UK office for TNT Post replied to me with some whacky story about the distribution of international mail, the Dutch office came back with a bog-standard reply "we'll do everything we can to maintain an acceptable standard of service". And this month alone, two letters, without priority stamps, have reached me from Holland - after two weeks in the system. I'm NOT pleased.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the post problems hon. In my area they are considering, dropping the post down to 3 days a week, seeing as most people seldom use snail mail anymore. Not surprising is they still keep raising the cost of postage. They plan to work less days, for more? (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. First class mail coming from Montpellier to my village take two weeks or longer in july and August and there is only 95kms distance. Vive la France

    ReplyDelete