View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Sunday 22 November 2009

A Jland death

Lori, (of Lori's Love Tribe) from Sunshine CO, passed away this morning (22 November 2009) at 4.30 am local time, after a heroically fought battle against cancer. At the moment of diagnosis, last summer, it was already incurable.  

I have asked one of her neighbours in Sunshine, our own David, to write a tribute for Silent Keyboards / Jland Angels. This will be posted by myself as soon as it becomes available. I was not a reader of Lori's blog, and am saddened that I only came to know of this lady in the last hours of her life, probably at the moment of her death. Reading back through the journal, I will go so far as to say that a great person has been lost to the community of Sunshine, and to Jland / Bloggerville.

2 comments:

  1. I know David, but didn't know Lori. I am very sorry for this loss, though, and my sympathies go out to her family and friends, and her J-Land family. I look forward to reading David's tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Lori either. How kind of you all to post a tribute to a fello blogger/journaler. Very sad to lose a family member or friend at any time, but this close to the Holidays, really makes it hurtful. Thank you for sharing the information. Prayers & heartfelt sympathies to her family & friends.
    Barb *queenb

    ReplyDelete