- Tropical depression Ana is falling to pieces to the southeast of St Croix in the Caribbean, and only rain will remain a threat.
- Hurricane Bill, the first hurricane of the Atlantic season, is not threatening land at this time either.
- Tropical storm Claudette moved ashore in the Florida Panhandle at midnight local time near Fort Walton Beach. Again, only rain will be a threat.
- In the Pacific, Guillermo is being torn apart by contrary winds in the atmosphere to the northeast of Hawaii.
- Tropical depression Maka is still trying to keep the show on the road in the middle of nowhere, 400 miles east of Wake Island
- Tropical depression 11 has formed 800 miles east of Guam, and is heading north - in the general direction of Japan. If its course does not alter, Japan might be in for a nasty surprise in the shape of a typhoon in a week from now.
Monday, 17 August 2009
Hurricane update - 17 August
I now have six tropical cyclones to cover, most not threatening land.