View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Monday 20 July 2009

Fishingboat capsizes - three die

Three of the four crew on board a fishing vessel have lost their lives after their boat capsized. This happened just north of the Ardnamurchan peninsula on the Scottish west coast this afternoon. The emergency services, including an RAF helicopter, a lifeboat and a shore-based Coastguard team rushed to the scene as the upturned hull of the vessel was seen drifting in choppy seas near the isle of Eigg. A man was recovered alive from the water, but three bodies were also found. The survivor was taken to hospital in Broadford, Skye.

My sympathies go out towards the next-of-kin of the deceased.

More details on Hebrides News.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree about blogging. I write one every day because I can explore and express my thoughts. I'm not even on Facebook, Twitter or any of the others.

    DB The Vagabond

    ReplyDelete