View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Tuesday 26 May 2009

Tuesday 26 May

Quite a nice day out here, with sunshine and fluffy clouds. Although 12C isn't terribly warm, I think I prefer that to the severe thunderstorms that battered Holland overnight. They went up to 27C yesterday. The ferry appears to be sailing on time today, after yesterday's disruption. Away from Stornoway, the ferry from Harris to Uist was disrupted due to low tides and the Barra to Eriskay ferry was full up. It is very busy with visitors at the moment. Many people opt to holiday at home (in the UK), due to the economic recession and the unfavourable £ to € exchange rate. A year ago, 1 pound sterling was worth €1.25, today it is more like €1.10.

2 comments:

  1. We had a lovely 3 day holiday weekend and now today - Monday - we are back to rain. I won't complain as I'm at work anyway and couldn't be out to enjoy it anyway. Our dollars buy less here too for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do apologize, I said Monday - as the weekend is now over, but it is TUESDAY.

    ReplyDelete