View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Monday 25 May 2009

Boats galore - II

The ferry has finally left Stornoway, 9 (or 2) hours late. It had technical problems with its bowdoor. Whether these are now fixed I don't know. I can imagine there is a bunch of very fed-up passengers on board.


The cruiseliner Spirit of Adventure is still docked on the other side of the ferry pier. A number of its passengers were taken on tours of the island by coach, as is customary. Weather not too good; although the sun is out, there are some showers about and it feels cold. The other cruiseliner, Quest, is docked on the near side of pier number 1.


The Reaper has moved from the quay at Amity House to Lazy Corner, and was open for visitors today. The crew showed the interested (myself included) round. Tomorrow, they will continue on their round Scotland trip to Scrabster, 20 miles west of John o'Groats.


And I had the very minor inconvenience of an acute boot lace failure. Fortunately, Lewis Crofters had replacement laces, so that was easily sorted.

1 comment:

  1. I can't resist your boat photos. I did rush over here because your headline said hiker recovered. I thought it was going to be his body and wanted to ask why those people over there kept getting themselves killed on their outings, but was relieved to read he was alive and well just experiencing a tech outage which I assumed meant something like his cell phone failed, so he could not let people know he was safe.

    ReplyDelete