View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Friday 20 February 2009

Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe is trying to think of recovery. May require $5bn. Not a huge sum, if you consider that the US government recently put aside 300 times that amount for its recovery from the economic downturn. The new Prime Minister of Zimbabwe, Morgan Tsvangirai, has said that for the moment several foreign currencies may be adopted. I wonder what he is going to do about inflation, which is running at 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000%. That's 10 sextillion percent. Anyway, I'm pleased that at least they appear to recognise that there is a problem that they should solve, rather than blaming everybody else for it.

1 comment:

  1. I saw that finally a change of power had been achieved in Zimbabwe so I am hoping some of its former economic stability can be restored. I remembered your interest in the sad state of this country most likely due to the nature of the dictator, and read other news stories on it. So now I will be keeping an eye out for better news with a new regime. Thanks for making me more aware of what one dictator can do to wreck his country.

    ReplyDelete