View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Saturday 21 February 2009

Saturday 21 February

Pleasantly surprised to find my camera returned by mail today - only took 2 days from Holland. So, on we go. It is a cold, windy and at times drizzly day in Stornoway, best spent inside. Went to the bus station and the shop at midday, but that was enough for me.

Last night, I discovered that bus services here in Lewis are going to deteriorate as of March 27th. Several of them will be joined together, as the town bus service will be abolished. Buses to the airport will be hitched on to the Point service. For the latter, no operator has been found, as the tendering exercise went wrong, in addition to a few oversights. This was all organised by our local council, who overlooked a few minor details. Sigh.

7 comments:

  1. Glad your trusted friend is back with you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd attempt at a comment !! Glad you got the camera back...it got to you quicker than you got home from Holland !!
    Has anyone told you that Tammy of Down Home has left you a message ? meant to mention it the other day..
    Love Sybil x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is cold, windy, rainy, and snowy here, but bearable. I'll be glad when spring gets here though. Sorry to hear the local council has been at it again. I hope it won't greatly disrupt your travels around the isle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you finally got the camera back. Our snow today held out til evening. We had a great get together for lunch today. Weather cooperated for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geez, Guido. Perhaps those council members should offer up a taxi service in their own vehicles for those who are being inconvenienced. But sooner or later election times will come and you can extract some retaliation on them. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would hate that...not having good transportation that you can rely on. Good job getting your camera back so soon. My monitor came back yesterday, but haven't opened the box yet & hooked it up. Hope your weather gets better soon. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, what is happening there? Sounds like the population is diminishing and diminishing. With the services being cut for this and that. I just got back from a leisurely walk up to the public library. I stopped to hear what looked like a convention of bagpipe players in the park. It was pretty big. I always think Scotsmen when I see bagpipes. Would I be right? I had to lug a lot of books too and fro.

    ReplyDelete