View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Saturday 10 January 2009

Evening notes

I am posting this via Windows Live Writer, which I just downloaded. You can write posts off-line, add anything you want to add, and post it once you are on-line. I don’t know how I’m going to like this, but it might be an idea for those of you with unreliable internet connections. Google “Windows Live Writer” to download the latest version.

The gale has ceased, but it remains windy. The ferry went out on time at 2.30pm, and is expected back at 9pm. This is the current Saturday schedule, but I can’t imagine it would be a very enjoyable crossing today.

Am going to make supper in a minute, an Indonesian dish called Nasi Goreng, using dried herbs which I brought in from Holland on Monday. Should be interesting.

6 comments:

  1. Hmm love Nasi Gorin (sp)...I wouldnt like that crossing either , I am going to look at the windows writer now ..love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not had Indonesian food. You'll have to let us know how it was. Have a great evening

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had any Indonesian food - I hope it turns out well for you. I have Live Writer, it came on my new laptop. I haven't done much with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy it guido.got a packet of rennies if you need it.lol tc mort

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried downloading live writer but for some reason it failed I may try again, but I use Google docs which are very good.


    Yasmin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I downloaded Live Writer some days back but found that you could not do a lot of things without signing up to hotmail or something similar which is something I really do not want to do. Be a great programme otherwise.

    ReplyDelete