View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Saturday 10 January 2009

10 January

Filthy weather today, with a force 9 gale blowing in from the Atlantic. The satellite picture shows the back of the rain approaching rapidly from the west. No ferries this morning, but the services will be reviewed by lunchtime. Quite a few people visit the Western Isles in winter, to see weather like this. I am always interested in extreme weather, although I won't readily venture outside. Was asked what it was like to drive in conditions like this - I cannot advise (don't drive), but would think you'd have to be extra careful.

4 comments:

  1. Given a choice I would stay indoors as well. We are to have snow today ~ we'll see. Wishing you safety through the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the weather changes....have a great weekend, take care!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've a huge winter storm at the moment.Already 8-10 inches of snow on the grownd. I had to go out on an errand this morning and went very slowly for sure. My advice is to stay in. 'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds ugly to me. Hope you folks don't get a rain storm like we got earlier in the week. It just about floated all of western Washington away. Cities, neighborhoods & roads are still flooded and we;ve had no rain for 2 days. Some have lost everything. Linda in soggy Washington state

    ReplyDelete