View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Wednesday 21 January 2009

21 January

Reaasonable day, with brightness and some showers around. Temperature stands at a meagre 5C / 41F. I gather that the severe cold in the eastern USA has abated somewhat. Tropical cyclone Fanele has made landfall in Madagascar this morning; I am awaiting reports of its impact. The last bulletin from the Joint Typhoon Warning Center on this system (before it came ashore) suggested that maximum sustained winds around Fanele's centre would peak at 115 mph.

Any GPs out there interested in a job in Applecross? This tiny community, facing the Isle of Skye on the Scottish mainland, is short of a family doctor, and is pulling out the stops to attract applicants. Read more here.

4 comments:

  1. It was 17 degrees this morning. So I think the cold is still here in TN. lol But not as cold as it was! I hear we get temps up to 50's by Friday. Hope Madagascar reports come out ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, we have been in a terrible deep freeze for a week....but tomorrow it will be a balmy 35 and it will be 40 and RAIN on Fri. Hell, if i could fit in one i'd put on a bikini. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that community finds a GP soon. That is such a necessity! If I were a Doc I'd love to work in such a small area. It'd be like a family doc in the old days.
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I guess you could say the extreme cold has abated ~ 10 -14 is feeling balmy without the wind.

    ReplyDelete