View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Saturday 6 December 2008

Reading journals


I've decided that I'll try to keep up to date with journals through Google Reader once a day. It is also a good way of distracting myself from my current pre-occupations.

I hope everybody is getting themselves ready for Christmas with the usual mixture of joy and trepidation.

I was sorry to note that Donna (of Dsdesigns) is having one health problem on top of another, as if a heart attack isn't already enough to cope with.

Another blogger with heart problems, Morton (Caring n sharing) is due to have further tests next week, to determine which procedures he requires in the wake of his heart attack. According to a relayed message from Jeannette, he is in great spirits although p'd off at the fact that his mobile phone battery has now gone flat.

Finally, I have put the entries that I managed to salvage from Sylvia's blog in a separate journal.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for saving what you could of Sylvias writing. I've lost a few journal friends now and since they become a part of our lives an empty spot is created. I always think that reading is a good way to distract my mind. Books or online journals either way. Take care ! 'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an enchanting picture! Hope all your "preoccupations" don't spoil your zest for living. This is an odd time of year, some are anxious, some are cheery, some are down-right depressed. Either or, I wish you much joy and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i update but do not send you an alert. Do you want an alert? I am not on google reader since i am private. I love Donna and pray for her every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas can be a strange time. I was thinking of the journalers we lost this time last year, now we have the news of Sylvia and health worries over some other friends. Millions love Christmas, probably millions more hate it. For some it can be a very lonely time. For me, it is full of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guido, I'm glad you are moving forward. I always seem to find myself in a hole at this time of year. I tend to avoid the computer. I think interracting with folks is the best medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will put our tree up next weekend. And the week after I'll do my shopping. Although hubby did surprise me with some money to go ahead and by me printer/scanner/copier that was on sale super cheap at Wally World. An early Christmas present!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so sad to hear about Sylvia....

    ReplyDelete