View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Sunday 9 November 2008

Sunday 9 November

I've reorganised my Google Reader, and marked everything as read, even though I haven't read blogs for weeks. I'm starting from the top with a reduced number of journals, keeping others in a special section for reference in case.

As Indigo correctly observed a few days back, I remain not an entirely happy bunny. The reasons vary from the death of my mother 6 months ago, to a few relationship breakdowns or troubles. When I say relationships, that doesn't automatically mean anything more than friendship. However, it is a point of discussion where friendship ends and it becomes something more. Or perceived to be something more.

Hurricane Paloma is being torn apart over Cuba, but not after bringing down a telecoms tower. The island of Cayman Brac has seen 90 to 95% of its homes damaged or destroyed. For Cuba it was its 5th hurricane this season. Paloma was the second strongest November hurricane on record, second only to Lenny in 1999. The North Atlantic hurricane season ends on November 30th.

12 comments:

  1. And it can't end too soon for some.
    Guido, I do wish you felt happier than you do just now ...

    Google reader continues to stump me as does Bloglines, but one of these days I'll get round to spending time actually looking them over and clicking on buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guido, I pray that things turn around for you soon. Losses are very hard to deal with no matter how we come about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have to cut back on the number of journals I ended up following - far too many I'd rather read quality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is very traumatic to be hurt, betrayed or lose a friendship/relationship. I am so sorry you are sad or just not happy. You are always in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's only to be expected dear friend. Your human! Although with all the work you've been doing salvaging lost journals and helping everyone else is bound to take it's toll. Not to mention all else. Rest, take it easy. Things will not fall apart, and if they do...there will be plenty of help to put it back to rights again.

    I'm more concerned with you, than I am about how often you comment. That will always be the case. Wish more people would see that and write freely without that being held over them. Keep writing...in time you will write whatever your dealing with onto the page before you. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  6. A loss is a loss however it comes. Be gentle with yourself. Rest and time are great healers.
    Best wishes Jenny <><

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guido it always hurts when a frienship/relation ship ends ~ whatever the reason ~ have been following that Hurricane Paloma on TV it certainly has caused Havoc ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your selection of music on your playlist. My daughter has a degree in music and she said her ideal job would be to choose the music to be played in the movies.

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guido, do not worry about commenting....you do what is best for you, your friendship matters more than how much you comment in my journal. I'm sorry you are still having a rough time, but it's quite normal....a loss takes a long time to recover from. You will remain in my prayers and I hope life turns around for you soon...you are a special person.

    Pooh Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. i often dont read for days guido. i neither expect nor want people to feel obliged to read my journal nor for them to expect me to do the same. you take care of yourself,mort

    ReplyDelete
  11. Guido, hopefully things will smooth out for you soon. Like I've said before, we're always here for you. Linda in Washington

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry you are not a completely happy bunny. Life can be very hard at times. We're here, though, if you need us.

    I had to mark everything as read when we got back from Florida, and I'm starting over as well. I did some reorganizing of my Google Reader and am trying to make a point to read the blogs of my commenters before I do anyone else. Maybe that will help me keep up a bit better.

    ReplyDelete