View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Tuesday 11 November 2008

231,000,000%

When I head my posts with crazy percentages, you know I'm going to write about Zimbabwe again. The above number represents that country's inflation percentage. Its president, freedom fighter, liberation hero, responsible for economic disaster and famine - in other words, Robert Mugabe, is now having 2.1 to 5 million of his population fed by the UN. That organisation is short on resources, so is currently cutting down on rations. Politically, Zimbabwe is mired down in shinanigans on the part of Mugabe, with the opposition MDC party and Mugabe's ZANU-PF unable to form a sensible government.

Talk about self-destruct sequence initiated. Oh, just wanted to feature this video as well. Better have a sickbag ready (PS: give it a while to get processed, only just uploaded it to YouTube).

7 comments:

  1. I didn't realize someone had made a video of my house. LOL.

    The bathroom looked bigger than my entire house. How in good conscience can HE live in such oppulance while his country is falling apart. From everything I've heard about him though it is clear he has no conscience or heart. What a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't watch the video. But our church supports a missionary and her ministry to Zimbabwe. It is a shame the things that go on there and the way the people suffer largely for their own governments corruption.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just obscene! That man should be hung by his thumbs (or something). My heart goes out to those poor people who have to exsist under his rule. Linda in WA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee it makes me so very sad to see it .
    thanks Guido
    natalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Revolting isn't it...and so sad for those poor people in that country. You have to hope there will be a judgement day for him in time Guido, just as there was for Saddam Hussein.

    Pooh Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in total agreement with Linda on your last comment.Grrrrrrrrr.Take Care God Bless Kath
    http://kath-mysimplerhymes2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete