View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Tuesday 21 October 2008

Tuesday 21 October

Perishingly cold in the Western Isles today, with the thermometer firmly stuck at 4C / 39F, and frequent hailshowers. We should see milder temperatures on Thursday, blown in on galeforce winds.

I think I'll have to purchase a proper microphone to make further audio-entries, as I have found the recordings barely audible, even with the Volume Control turned up to full blast.

I have been responding to some of the queries left on Magic Smoke, AOL, but I'll have to leave it to the Journals Team to deal with them, following some less than favourable responses from some of you. I am just as pissed off with AOL as the next person about the closure of AOL Journals - my journal too cannot be transferred properly.

6 comments:

  1. i think about you and Donna and your AOL journals everyday. I want both of you to be able to get your journals moved TODAY!!!!!
    I hate cold weather! It is chilly here in Ohio but not cold. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye it gets a little wild on the isles as I know and on the ferries..

    long time till it will ease a little whisky helps........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope everyone is finally able to transfer over before the end of the month. I just kept trying and it finally went. Hope yours does too. It is a chilly 47 in northern Ohio and will be down to 36 degrees F. tonight. Very windy making it feel colder. 'On Ya'- ma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry that you and Donna are having such difficulties with the transfer! Ack!

    be well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. someone is getting on you for helping???????? WTF!?!?! GRRRRR
    Hoping things work out for both of us my friend
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope you will find a way of transferring your journal ~ The weather here has been quite wild with heavy rainstorms and very windy ~ hope you get to see that milder weather Thursday ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete