View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Saturday 25 October 2008

Saturday 25 October

Savage day in the Western Isles, with a severe gale blowing at Stornoway and a full force 10 at Eoropie, near the Butt of Lewis. Winds have gusted up to 90 mph at Eoropie, 70 mph here at the airport. The sun is coming out now, after a morning of persistent heavy rains. Ferry sailings wholesale disrupted across the Calmac network, from Islay right up to here. The afternoon sailing to Ullapool is likely to be cancelled as well. Which may find us with a rare Sunday sailing to play catch up. There was no afternoon sailing yesterday either.

The dormant blogs, which I referred to on Magic Smoke, are going into a separate Blogger account. It is possible for blog ownership to be transferred between Blogger accounts, and anyone prepared to take one of them under their wing is welcome to do so. As far as I can tell (and if I have anything to do with it), none of those listed will be lost. If you know of any others that need salvaging this way, leave a note.

4 comments:

  1. What about the planes are they grounded as well...so no papers.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always so jealous of you, come autumn and winter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are surely having some wild winds lately. It is a wonder you don't lose your power. We are having some strong gusts today and heavy driving rains but the wind is mild compared to what you are experiencing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot even imagine the kind of wind you are experiencing over there...The wind here kept me awake most of the time in the last couple of nights. I had migraine and it did not help. I got used to rain in the summer, no spring, etc. but I cannot get used to wind...Pity because I love the Islands so much. Have a nice Sunday. Ciao. Antonella

    ReplyDelete