View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Tuesday 7 October 2008

From AOL to Blogger

I am receiving a steady trickle of questions regarding the transfer of journals from AOL to Blogger. I shall publish a few links later in the week. I cannot do anything at this point, as I am not on my own PC and only have limited time.

Don't forget, we still have 3 weeks. For now, you should be reassured that a manual transcription of your old journal is probably not necessary.

I have ceased entries on Northern Trip. I am sad about that, but face it with an attitude of "onwards and upwards". That journal will be backed up to Blogger, to remain as an archive.

I can see a heap of work waiting for me when I return to Stornoway. Not just related to this transfer, it is also the research into 2,000 war dead whose names I've dug up here in Orkney.

Can I ask you all to mark October 14th as a date for remembrance? It will be 69 years ago that HMS Royal Oak was sunk in Scapa Flow, just south of Kirkwall, with the loss of more than 800 lives.

7 comments:

  1. Well I have already transcribed Pip;s journal to Blogger and have saved lots of my entries on Jottings into Word. We shall have to see what happens. I will try and remember that date Guido, perhaps if you are not too busy, you could remind us nearer the time.

    http://outsidelookingin-jeannette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you're here my friend.. I'd miss you if you decided not to. You have been such a great help to everyone!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have your work cut out.I have printed off what I want to save in my old journal so we will have to wait and see what happens.Keep up your good work we shall be here to read whenever you post.Take Care God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cant wait for you to tell me how to move all my journals to blogger. I have no idea how to. I will remember that date too. Take care! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I did it and am not looking back. It is just a new path to follow so I went to blogger too.
    http://gypsypaths.blogspot.com/
    I have alot of work to get it up to snuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will keep a note of Oct 14, Guido. Any clues as to why Kath, Jan and others received TOS messages on their blog?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My journals seemed to transfer quite easily....hope the other shoe doesn't drop! Thanks for all the help Guido.

    Pooh Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete