View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Friday 10 October 2008

Friday 10 October

Computer woes are being tackled as I speak, but don't know when things will be back to normal. Hopefully later today - cannot promise. Transfer process of Northern Trip did not go well, as I was doing other things with my Google account in the meantime, which tripped the process. Try again another time. I'm not totally desperate yet (there is 3 weeks left), but would like to get it done. I'm also hamstrung by the time restriction in the library.

I have a lot of emails from you folks about new blogs etcetera, which I shall attend to as soon as the PC is back in action. I also have 1,150 pictures to share of my trip to Orkney. Again: bear with me!

5 comments:

  1. I know you will be back as quickly as you can. I had lots of problems transferring Jeannette's Jottings, the others went through fine. Jottings went through as a separate blog. I managed at last to combine the two but all my latest posts on blogger came out duplicated. I had to removed the duplications and most of the comments went with them. Still, tis done now and hopefully I can carry on with no problems.

    When you do come back, can you take your verification thing off under settings. Will save us all having to type in code letters. Thanks Guido

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised that the transfer went well. I am cynical and expected the worst, much to my surprise it only had one hitch that told me it was a "private journal" and I knew darn well it was not. I can not imagine living on an island somewhere. It may not be the end of the world, but can you see it from there???

    Claudia

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. i pray you get that PC fixed.....the whole process of moving a AOL journal has been a week long nightmare for ANY private journalers. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm relieved to know that your having computer problems, although I'm not GLAD that you're having computer problems. I was worried because I hadn't seen you around much. Hope you get your computer sorted out soon, and I hope the next try at migrating goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your PC is fixed soon, I know it's a pain for you to go to the libray! Take your time getting to journals...we'll be here :)

    Pooh Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete