View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Sunday 26 October 2008

Evening notes

All the competitors in the fell race in Cumbria have been traced and are safe and well. The organisers deserve a clip round the ear for not heeding advice regarding the weather. Yes, everybody coped supremely well, and I am not surprised they did. But some of the participants, speaking on BBC TV tonight, mentioned the impossible conditions.

I'm falling behind with journals updates, do forgive me. Once again, the tally is approaching 200, and it's not going to get better. By the end of this week, I'm popping over to Holland for a few days for a commemorative service for the deceased in my home village. My mother will be mentioned., following her death on May 1st. More practical details as matters progress.

No, I'm not happy with the move away from AOL onto Blogger, but that's the way it's gonna be. Big money does not care about little people like us. Let us make an effort to stay together (see Krissy's journals directory).

6 comments:

  1. I hope the weather improves for your trip back home Guido. I don't think any of us are happy with our enforced evacuation from AOL journals. It's just taken me five hours to do a post with photos! This just doesn't feel like home does it?! Jeannette xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe journy Guido.There is much more work I feel on the new blogs to do.Not quite as easy as J/Land but if we are to stick together it's where we have to be.I agree with the big money people we are only numbers to them.Grrrr.Take care God Bless Praying for better weather for you.Kath

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased to hear everyone is accounted for ,Have a good journey home Guido ,your Dad will be glad to see you and welcome your suport at the memorial service ..love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a safe trip to Holland and it isn't too difficult for you.

    I am hopelessly behind in my journal reading & commenting. I have accepted the fact that this is the way it is most likely going to be. It just seems so much more time consuming over here.

    I wouldn't give it another thought if I were you Guido, seems everybody is much more lax since we've made the move.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a safe trip both to and back.

    Somehow, I haven't the energy to shovel through all the options blogger gives us. (There's something to be said for minimalism, but I DON'T want to go back to line editors, TYVM) I just spent all Saturday and a great deal of Sunday just settling on a better template than the one I originally chose and inadvertantly deleting Sunday's post twice before actually posting.

    ;^) Jan the Gryphon
    http://gryph-wotd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw the news report about the walkers last night. Glad they are all OK.
    I think everyone is having the same problems regarding keeping up with everyone. I was always hopelessly behind on AOHell and I'm no better now.:(
    Have a safe journey Guido. Hope everything goes OK.
    Sending hugs

    ReplyDelete