View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Saturday 31 October 2015

NaNoWriMo & Movember

NaNoWriMo means National Novel Writing Month, and that is always November. Every day, you are committed to writing at least 1,840 words of a novel, that will eventually comprise at least 50,000 words. Some of you may have read my short stories, and I'm not sure I can manage 1,840 words each day. I'm writing this on 31st October, and I'll sleep on the subject matter of my novel. I may not come out with a coherent idea to start with, but it'll grow. Much as my facial hair is set to grow in November, as part of Movember, when men grow their moustaches and beards for charity. No, you're not getting any pics, not on a public blog like this. LOL.

I shall continue with my occasional postings on this blog, but will publish a NaNoWriMo posting every day for the next 30 days. Gawd, what have I let myself in for ;-)

2 comments:

  1. As long as you remember that it was self inflicted old chap, go for it! Shame we won't see the beard. Spoil sport! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of wishes on the writing. You are very blessed with the gift of writing and I think you'll do well. Too bad there will be no pictures of the mowvember. Ha !

    ReplyDelete