View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Tuesday 30 October

Another cold and mainly wet day, looking very grey indeed. Nonetheless, compared to what the eastern USA is having to go through, I'm not going to complain. A ray of sunshine would be welcome, but the only celestial body I see a lot of these days is the moon.

After two days of shopping in the supermarket, trying to dodge empty shelves, MV Muirneag came in at 10 o'clock this morning, carrying loads of supplies. I was asking myself what the reason for the cancellation was, until I spoke to someone who had just come off the ferry, looking a bit green about the gills. In other words, there had been quite a swell running in the Minch.

And I just felt like posting this image of one our cats in his hey-day: Thomas. He went over the Rainbow Bridge in 1988 at the age of 15.

Thomas by Veluweman

No comments:

Post a Comment