View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Saturday 15 September 2012

Thursday 13 September

A wild day for sure, but here in Stornoway the gale was nowhere near as severe as forecast. I do gather that the southern isles were lashed by force 9-10 winds, but the highest gusts up at Eoropie (near the Butt of Lewis) were about 50 mph. I spent the day monitoring the situation on the ferries, as I was expecting people to arrive for a short visit. Although initially the late ferry was posted as "disrupted", she eventually made the crossing and appeared more or less on time at Stornoway. Although the sun had set by then (8.40 pm), it was still sufficiently light to see breaks in the clouds and the wind was dropping away.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear you were spared the brunt of the storm. I was wondering. It is a beautiful day here in Pennsylvania. The kind of day I wish we had every day. Full sun, 70's and breezy.

    ReplyDelete