View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Friday 3 August 2012

Friday 3 August

A beautiful summer's day, in spite of the easterly breeze. We managed a creditable 19C / 66F this afternoon, and it tempted me to go out for an amble. I walked through the town to the Cockle Ebb, the estuary of the Laxdale River to the north of Stornoway. I proceeded along its southern bank to the village of Stenish, which I could only reach by taking off socks and shoes and wade through the river. This was not deep, and the water was warm. Those of you who have read my blogs over the past 8 years know that I don't baulk at fording rivers, but it's a bit more pleasant at this time of year. After walking through Stenish (a tiny village), I took the shortcut over the Carse of Melbost, which is directly beside the airport runway, to Sandwick, and returned to my base through the cemetery and along the foreshore at Sandwick. Five miles on the dot.

A B&B proprietor in the west of Lewis is suing Tripadvisor over alleged malicious and inaccurate postings. Tripadvisor is a website where people can rate and review accommodation around the world. The major complaint is malicious postings which are not policed or removed upon presentation of evidence. My gripe against the site is that someone can post a review of an establishment, even if the proprietor of said establishment does not want anything to do with TA. It is NOT possible to have your listing removed from the site.






No comments:

Post a Comment