View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Wednesday 27 June

Overcast, grey and sopping wet today. Uploaded videos and photos taken at yesterday's Big Minch Swim finale, and am pleased to find that there is a lot of interest in them. My pics don't normally attract  many viewers, but more than 30 for each pic within the one day is unusual. I'm equally pleased that quite a few team members are also interested. End of ego-trip.

Today, the Queen met former IRA commander Martin Mcguinness, now deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland. A historical occasion, as the IRA once murdered a relative of the Queen, and she was regarded as the enemy by the Republicans. I have always held the view that the only good thing to come out of 9/11 was the ending of the civil war in Northern Ireland. This because 9/11 showed Americans who supported the Republican movement in Ireland and thereby the IRA, what terrorism actually meant.

1 comment:

  1. It was a beautiful day here yesterday Guido,misty and humid today, but it has rained all night.Congratulations on your new followers.You so deserve people to view your great photo's, they are wonderful.I have always enjoyed them.I will catch up over the next couple of days on my viewing of them all.Yes I saw the Queen shake hands on the Evening News.Take care God Bless Kath xx

    ReplyDelete