View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Saturday 5 November 2011

New Blogger Interface

Blogger has been floating a new user-interface. And I give it a thumbs-down.

There is a serious flaw in the procedure for adding pics to the blogposts: if you do so using a pic on a URL, it does not work. And I just don't like that wishy-washy look. Furthermore, I often write blogposts with several open windows, in order to copy or transcribe information from one window to another. The blogpost in the new interface does not properly wrap; what you type tends to disappear under the sidebar to the right.

Anyone else got any thoughts on this? You can access the new look by clicking on "Try new interface" from the Dashboard (www.blogger.com) after logging in.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up. I like what they have so I didn't bother to try it. Now I wont bother at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havn't given it a try Guido, you know me if it aint broken don't need to fix it !!!
    like the header photo..
    love Sybil

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen the new interface as far as it affects blogs, but I don't like the way my Google Reader looks. It is white and washed out, not attractive at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I said on FB Guido,I hate change and when I read about this I left it alone.Happy now that I did.Like Sybil says,I too love your new header.Forgot to say this in my last comment.Take care God Bless Kath xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a serious problem with this new interface.I clicked on try new interface and all it would tell me is that as I use Internet Explorer 9 on this computer there was an error and it would not let me go back. Fortunately on my laptop I only have IE8 so was able to revert to the original using that and it has transfered back on my desk top as well, so I think a very big BEWARE sign should be added to the invite to try

    ReplyDelete