View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Sunday 2 October 2011

Sunday 2 October

Beautiful sunny day, feeling and smelling autumnal. The trees are beginning to turn and there is that smell in the air of fallen leaves. Tomorrow, the first serious autumnal gale is due, with another one on the calendar for Wednesday. The latter one is the remnant of hurricane Ophelia, which will batter Newfoundland tomorrow.

My friend in the hospital is coming home tomorrow, ending a 9-day period of uncertainty. It was a long road from Ballantrushal...

I promised some pictures, and I'm going to fill the rest of this post with a selection of them.




Waiting for the bus from the hospital back into town, this view of Laxdale and Newmarket has become only too familiar to me...


1 comment:

  1. I somehow missed this page with the gorgeous photographs...These sunset ones are just stunning..lucky you to see such beauties..
    Thanks for sharing
    Sybil xx

    ReplyDelete