View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Saturday 13 August 2011

Saturday 13 August

A day of increasing amounts of sunshine, but with quite a strong breeze going. We had force 6 at one point, something we don't often see in summer. The temperature was OK, with a reading of 16C / 60F at the airport, better than it has been for most of the week. I have kept myself busy with transcripts of WW2 tributes (see this link), some research into the priest who was instrumental in building the present-day Roman Catholic Church in Castlebay (Barra) and a rip-roaring tale about the sinking of the SS Rangitane in the southwestern Pacific in 1940.

I shall close this post with some of the pics I took on Thursday, and which I have been promising over the past two days. A walk in the Castle Grounds, and out to the War Memorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment