View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Monday 29 August 2011

Monday 29 August

Although the day started fairly bright, we were plagued by showers through the afternoon. And we have lost our "summer warmth": only 13C today. The ferry had to cancel its return crossing from Ullapool yesterday, and did not return until lunchtime today. There was a large amount of traffic to catch up on, and this evening it was an hour late coming back to Stornoway.

I have recorded all 26 episodes of The World at War, but I can only watch one episode at a time - too depressing. However, it is the best documentary on the Second World War, a topic I take an active interest in. Today, I transcribed more of the tributes from the Stornoway Gazette from 1941 to islanders who fell in that conflict.

2 comments:

  1. I do love summer warmth...but I'm mostly just glad the hurricane went on its way. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer certainly is on the wane down here as well, although today the temp was around the 18/19 c it was so dull it didn't feel warm and mow at just after 8pm I am going to have to put the lights one...
    I will be away from sat. for 2 weeks holiday a cruise to the Med. so hoping for some summer weather there !!
    Love Sybil.
    PS I have joined the postcards and sent my first one off today !

    ReplyDelete