View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Monday 18 July 2011

Monday 18 July

Today started with dense fog blanketing the harbour; I could not even see Goat Island at 10 am. The cloud lifted to an overcast, wet and misty day. It was not particularly warm when I ventured into town to buy more stamps for Postcrossing. Having suspended that for my Swiss holiday, I am now back into full swing with it. One card going to Finland, and another to Germany.There were still some ships in port who had been there for the Tall Ships event over the weekend.

The news is ruled by the ongoing phone-hacking saga, which is beginning to lap at the door of 10 Downing Street. Two senior police officers at Scotland Yard have resigned, and tomorrow, Rupert and James Murdoch face a parliamentary committee. I somehow don't see David Cameron in office by this time next year. And I hope this will be the end of tabloid journalism as we know it. I can't stomach it.

1 comment:

  1. Postcrossing is a great, simple, fun sort of thing! Maybe we'll cross sometime!
    Great news about the Press sleeze squeeze and Murdoch's empire crumbling. Can't come quick enough for me. Friends in USA are badgering like Hell about his ownership of Fox News etc., and its inherently racist views. They're enjoying it now, watching him squirm in the spotlight.

    ReplyDelete