View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Tuesday 26 April

A beautiful sunny day, with a bit of a breeze going. The temperature was a respectable 14C, and it was possible to sit out in the sun (and out of the wind). Which I did, whilst reading 80 pages of Victor Hugo's Les Miserables. I have had some problems putting a Windows Update on this PC, but thanks to the folks at Microsoft, I was able to get the machine to swallow it. Took a couple of hours, but it was worth it. In the middle of that, I also looked at the youngest casualty from Lewis in WW1 at the request of the people administering Lijssenthoek Cemetery in Belgium - where he lies buried.

The TV news is getting taken over by the imminent wedding of Prince William and his bride Catherine Middleton. And I'm already quite fed up with it. Whatever I'm doing on Friday, it won't be done in front of a television screen. The forecast is good for the rest of the week, so I might do something out of doors. Sorry if I offend anyone, but I'm decidedly underwhelmed by all the hype.

1 comment:

  1. No offence taken Guido. Most men would say the same as you I expect.
    As for me I can't wait to see the bride and bridesmaids. Or to see the guests and what they are wearing. I suppose that's just a woaman 'thing'. lol
    I have that book by my bedside in readiness to read. I am not in the mood for reading it just yet.

    We have had fabulous weather for over a week, until today. It is overcast and much cooler now. What bliss it has been to enjoy sunshine at last!
    Hope you get to spend more time outdoors in the sun.
    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete