View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Friday 8 April 2011

Thursday 7 April

Very breezy today, but not terribly cold. Went into town to buy more stamps (13% dearer than last week) to indulge my postcrossing hobby. A stamp to Europe now costs 68p, and to outside Europe 110p. Was 60p and 97p respectively. I also went to buy some new items of clothing, to replace what had been worn out. Happens. I have also continued my transcription of the censuses for the Bishops Isles (Sandray, Pabbay, Mingulay and Berneray). In case you are wondering: many of the names in the Hebrides have a Norse derivation, and the suffix -ay denotes an island. The Greenpeace ship Esperanza continues to be tied up at Arnish, awaiting a break in the weather.

1 comment:

  1. We have a very wet day here. It'll rain most of the day they say. Still I'm happy it is no longer snowing. Spring rain is a wonderful thing. I hope your Friday is a fantastic one!

    ReplyDelete