View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Thursday 3 June 2010

Thursday 3 June

A beautiful summer's day, with a veil of high cloud slowly moving up from the south. I'm expecting rain some time through tomorrow. Spent most of the day out in the garden, assisting in various improvements.

An emergency was declared at Stornoway Airport just after 3pm, after a small plane left the runway. I could hear the sirens blaring away down Sandwick Road. Nobody was hurt, and the plane did not catch fire.

The police are continuing their investigations into the gunman who killed 12 people in western Cumbria yesterday, before turning the gun on himself. ITV television is not showing an episode of a popular soap, as it features a storyline involving gunfire. I cannot be bothered to relay the various scenarios being debated, I just want to express my sympathies to the families and friends of the dead and injured. I have never visited that area of the country myself, but my parents have in the early 1990s, at the start of the Coast to Coast walk.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are having some summer weather. It is warm but we have light rain right now. It's wonderful to be out in the garden. Enjoy your day. My sympathies also for all those involved in that shooting.

    ReplyDelete