View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Tuesday 8 December 2009

Tuesday 8 December

Put up the Christmas tree and other decorations last night. Tonight at 7.30, Stornoway's Christmas illuminations will be lit up, provided they have not been blown away in today's gale. Although it is 'only' a force 7, the southerly direction means that there is too much of a swell going in the Minch. I see some impressive waves crashing by the lighthouse, across from my position.

Was in town this morning to purchase printer ink (ouch), stamps (ouch) and what not. Anyone wanting a Christmas card from me, please leave a comment and I'll get back to you to make arrangements out of sight of the whole Internet.

Have got some pictures and images to post, which I will put up in following posts. Bear with me.

3 comments:

  1. hope the decorations don't get blown away!
    left you a post on fb re cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a high wind warning here for tonight and tomorrow. Strong winds, some freezing rain and slett. Doesn't sound good at all. I agree the cost of printer ink is unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ouches after each purchase point to a stereotypical Scot.Great blog.
    I'm 75% Scot origin and do a lot of ouching too.

    ReplyDelete