View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Wednesday 29 July 2009

Wednesday 29 July

Mother Nature certainly threw a tantrum last night with that tornado. Damage is greater than I initially thought this lunchtime - regional news shows cars caved in by falling roof tiles, garden sheds blown to bits, trampolines migrated across gardens, trees down and shredded of leaves. A campervan was nearly blown over, but was parked next to a tractor which prevented a disaster. But, I must stress, nobody got hurt.

Local rumour has it that some wisecrack is blaming the tornado on divine retribution following the institution of a ferry on the Sabbath. My reply to that is: god sent us a tornado, God prevented anyone getting hurt.

4 comments:

  1. I thought about you when I saw this on the News ~ glad to hear no one was hurt ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to your reply, G!

    be well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So relieved and happy that you are safe and that no one got hurt.

    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reply. Thankfully no persons were injured, everything else can be replaced. I hope this evening is quieter.

    ReplyDelete