View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Friday 12 June 2009

Friday 12 June

Sunny day but with a cool breeze. Was sitting out for a minute, about an hour ago, but it wasn't very pleasant. Decided to have a lie-in, but it does mean you lose half the day.

Was surprised that only half the people questioned in a survey were able to correctly position certain organs in their bodies. And that means that there has been no improvement in the last 50 years.

I continue to notice a reduction in the number of posts made on the blogs I follow in (formerly) J-land. A lot of folks have migrated on to Facebook and Twitter, myself among them, but I cannot find FB very user-friendly anymore, and you can't write on Twitter what you can on a blog. One of my contacts tried to do that on Twitter, and ended up with about 11 posts, describing a daytrip to St Kilda. I've done a similar thing reporting on the attack on the Dutch Royal family back in April, with about 350 posts in the one day.

1 comment:

  1. I like blogging/journaling and find it much more fulfilling than other means so I'll be sticking with it. I think the other folks really don't care about jounaling much they just want to keep in touch with friends. Sometimes all they want is a line or two. We have the advantage of both and can do what ever with our blogs. A line or two, a picture, or lots and lots of words...

    ReplyDelete