View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Tuesday 12 May 2009

Tuesday 12 May

Finally arrived into Stornoway at 7pm last night, and shared a taxi with two pleasant ladies who wouldn't hear of me paying my share of the fare. Thank you both, hope the local hotel was to your satisfaction. I'd been on the road for 14 hours, so pretty shattered - an early night was called for.

Awoke this morning to bright blue skies and brilliant sunshine. Visibility very good, I can just about make out the Applecross Forest, which lies 60 miles away to the southeast. When flying north last night, I could make out some snow on the higher mountain tops near the Rannoch Moor; the tops near the coast (like Slioch, east of Gairloch) were snow free.

I'm going to spend today recovering from yesterday's journey. I enjoyed it very much, but a 5.30 start needs catching up on. When I have sorted out the pictures and videos I took yesterday, I'll put them on a next entry.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your photos. :)
    Need to get away from FB for a while, not a happy place for me today. I always seem to head back to the journals when trouble strikes. :)
    How kind of the ladies not letting you pay.
    Sunny here today. But very windy and they say it's gonna get worse.
    Hope your headache clears soon.
    Take care Guido.
    Hugs
    Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you made it home safe and sound with no major mishaps. Get your rest.

    ReplyDelete