View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Friday 15 May 2009

Closing notes

Within half an hour of midnight, and a cold, dreich day comes to a close. Disappointed to read that Barack Obama will resume the trials at Guantanamo Bay - although he never did rule out that such might be the case. A review of the legal framework is to be carried out, but to me, it's a climb-down from pre-election promises. Not good at all. My faith in politicians has taken a nosedive following the expenses scandal here in the UK, but Mr Obama is starting to do the Tomcat-in-March routine. What do I mean? Ach, yanno. In March, tomcats go around, caterwhauling their undying love and everlasting fielty to the females of the race, only to disappear without trace once the evil deed has been done.

3 comments:

  1. Tom cat is a very apt description dear friend. I'm hoping things are not a total nosedive. I don't relish this country sliding any farther downhill. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya my friend. Isn't ther a saying that Politician's make strange bedfellows. And not to lie down with the dog lest we get up with the fleas? LOL All we can do is pray for sanity to prevail. Take good care.
    Barb in stangely humid West Texas & prayin for rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((Guido)))
    I love you to bits, but in the beginning I completely agreed with you...100%. But after much reading, much research and I believe that we can't let this go. It's not ok what happened and it's not ok that their not be a further investigation into this. And I do not see our country taking a 'nose dive'. He sure didn't make this mess.
    Remember, I LOVE you to bits my friend :)) Always will :)
    Huggers, Gayla

    ReplyDelete